Welcome to Thursday, a day that once seemed lost, with nothing exciting happening anywhere. But then that changed, and today I am celebrating some of the bookish events around the blogosphere, like Lexxie’s Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts; Kimberlyfaye’s TBR Thursday; and Christine’s Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts.
My TBR book featured today is the fifth in the Lizzy Gardner Series: Almost Dead, by T. R. Ragan. A P. I. with something to avenge, after her fiance Jared was shot (in the last book), Lizzy is dealing with her comatose love, while trying to solve some murders. I like this series set in my old stomping grounds of Sacramento, CA.
In this “foodie” description, Lizzy was hanging out at the office with her friend and colleague, Hayley, who is taking care of her during her time of need. Hayley has whisked her off somewhere while she was half out of it, drunk, and she wakes up to strange surroundings:
This was no hotel—it was a house. A ridiculously large house. Halfway down a long stretch of carpeted stairs, she got a whiff of bacon. Her stomach rumbled in a bad way.
Despite the never-ending square footage, the kitchen was easy enough to find. Kitally stood in front of the stove, flipping pancakes.
“You’re just in time. Bacon and pancakes. If you prefer eggs, I can make them to order.”
“Just coffee. I just need coffee.”
“Cream and sugar?”
“No, thanks. Black.”
I could use some bacon and pancakes right now! What do you think? Our MC is a little hung over, wanting only coffee, apparently. Now…why has this one been on my stacks for such a long time? I purchased it in April 2015, and I have another in the series to read as well. But you know how it is…the best of plans and all.
On to some Bookish/Not So Bookish Thoughts:
- I woke up very early this morning; 4:30 a.m….upset stomach, thanks to the new meds again. Time to toss them out?
- All over the blogosphere, some are recording “a day in the life” with Trish, at Love, Laughter, & a Touch of Insanity. I didn’t record a day, but I think I might try it…tomorrow?
- I’m shivering here; I even had to turn on the heater for the first time in weeks; I think it’s going to rain, too;
- Maybe I’ll take a nap…
- Then I might keep reading one of the two current books on my stacks, Somewhere Out There, which has totally captivated me;
- Tonight is the Shonda Rhimes line-up for Thursday (Grey’s Anatomy, and a new show called The Catch); I don’t watch Scandal;
- Tomorrow I want to see a movie, and I’m considering Hello, My Name is Doris, with Sally Field;
- All week long, I’ve been participating in Bloggiesta, mostly at my Curl up and Read site.
- Now I’m going to check out some of the bloggers participating in this Thursday event, and I’ll have some coffee, please! Not the mimosa today, though.